6 red Anjou pears (peeled)
2 cups rosé wine
1 quart simple syrup
½ cup Frangelico
½ cup lemon juice
2 cardamon seeds
1 cinnamon stick
½ cup toasted slivered almonds
ice cream (optional)
- Peel pears and set aside.
- Mix all ingredients and bring mixture to a boil.
- Bring liquid mixture down to a very low simmer and add the pears in for 15 to 20 min until tender.
- Take the pears out of the liquid to cool at room temperature in a bowl.
- Bring the liquid back to a boil, and continue boiling until it is reduced by half.
- Cool reduction down and add it to the pears.
- Store in refrigerator.
- You can garnish the pears with some toasted almonds for crunch or serve hot with the ice cream of your choice.
This recipe was provided by Chef Daniela Manrique Lucca, Chef-Owner of The Soca Kitchen, Ottawa, ON, as part of my Instagram LIVE show Takin’ a Bite – Meet the…