My favourite bowls of soup have always been creamy.
That's right, cream of broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, chicken but best of all, mushroom!
You can make the most decadent bowl of cream of mushroom soup featuring different types of your favourite mushrooms from the grocery store.
Simple and delicious.
In the recipe below the mushroom textures range from fully cooked to semi-cooked. Amazing!
Simply Delicious Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 4tbsp salted butter
- 1lb or 16oz of fresh mushrooms including shiitake, oyster, mini bella & white.
- 2 small/medium shallots, minced
- 6tbsp all-purpose flour
- 30oz or 900ml of chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cup 10% cream
- Vancouver Island Salt Co Sea Salt
- Fresh Cracked Red Kadode Kampot Pepper
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- In a medium non-stick pot. Melt your butter until it starts to bubble. Add in shallots and 1/2 of the mushrooms. Once mushrooms are almost tender, add in the remaining mushrooms. Once the additional mushrooms are almost tender, continue.
- Combine 1/2 of the broth and all of the flour. Whisk together and season with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Add to mixture to mushrooms and stir. Incorporate the red of the broth and bring to a boil.
- Boil and stir until the mixture has reduced and thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add in the cream.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes to help intensify the mushroom flavour. Or 5 minutes for a less mushroom flavoured cream.
- Ladle into bowls. Add some fresh cracked pepper and a pinch of finely chopped parsley.